Aw: Re: [MPlayer-dvb] W.: Your system is too SLOW to play this

h.h.braun at arcor.de h.h.braun at arcor.de
Sun Dec 10 08:37:05 CET 2006

> >> I am using Debian unstable with Linux 2.6.18  with  AMD Athlon 64
> >> Prozessor 3000+ 1.8 GHz 504 MB
> >> WinTV-HVR-1110 TV-Card and Radeon 9250 with 3D Acceleration
> >> When I try viewing DVB with mplayer picture and sounf become quickly
> >> flickering and I get

> sorry to say it, but mplayer is fundamentally flawed when playing
> non-file streams.
> -demuxer lavf -lavfdopts probesize=128 somehow makes mplayer behave better,
> but in my experience it just delays the problem  in the future

It is not only a problem with mplayer but also with xine.
Somtimes the flickering is more and even the tv stops for a while and sound and video become asynchronous, sometimes it is less.
I got the advice to get more cache memory or reduce the image size?
How should I do this.
Another hint might be that WintTV-HVR-1100 chip use was  changed this year internally named WnTV-HVR-1110
The software-changes in linuxtv were made in November/December this year.
Maybe it was not totally tested.
Should I reduce the system load of other application like mlnet?

Cheers
H.Braun