[MPlayer-dvb] Recording TV: broken indexes, the endpos flag, and the recording status line

Nico Sabbi nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it
Sat Dec 2 00:54:51 CET 2006

Mark James wrote:
> Nico Sabbi wrote:
>
>> I know the solution; I'll fix svn
>

> That's great!  More experiments seem to indicate that
> it's not the first auto-raise that triggers the run-away
> memory usage, but when there have been several -- perhaps
> at the point at which it either gives up raising or hides
> rise notificfations.
>
> Unfortunately I'll now be away from my computer until Tuesday,
> so I won't be able to test any candidate fix until then.
>
> Thanks again Nico for looking into this.
>
> Mark

committed. Append also :vbuf_size=400 (or more, raise the
size of the video decoder's buffer) or more, and maybe raise
the size of abuf_size, too (unlikely to be necessary).
Don't exxaggerate with vbuf_size, or it may lead to serious
problems. The default is 232KB (for dvd); ideally you should
set it to the smallest possible value to make muxing succeed