[MPlayer-dvb] Recording TV: broken indexes, the endpos flag, and the recording status line

Mark James mrj at bigpond.net.au
Fri Dec 1 22:26:17 CET 2006

Nico Sabbi wrote:

> if you want to reduce it even more you can use :format=pes1 (.vdr), that
> typically lowers the overhead to < 0.5%.
> I highly recommend against it, though, because the format is extremely
> broken (no pack header => no scr)

I'll give that a try because I'm finding dvd:tsaf is not usable for
recording HD streams: Mencoder increases its MUX rate several times,
and its memory usage continually rises until it consumes all VM
(16GB in my case).  The recording will not play back past about 30s
-- the time at which the mux rate was last increased.

Will investigate further.

Mark