[MPlayer-dvb] Teletex with dvb

Matthias Schwarzott zzam at gentoo.org
Tue Aug 29 12:01:15 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 29 August 2006 11:57, S.Muelas wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm a newby to this list so I beg your perdon if this item has been
> already touched.
> I'm using mplayer and mencoder with my Terratec DVB-T usb-2 card in
> Ubuntu Dapper Linux, with full satisfaction.
> Now I'd like to know if there is some way to see Teletext, with MPlayer
> or another application for Ubuntu (Debian). I know ALEVT, but I'm not
> able to configure it as it searches for /dev/video that I don't have.
> I would prefer to use MPlayer in any case.
> If someone has any ideas, they would be very welcome. Thanks anyway.

The only working solution I know is vdr with vdr-osdteletext plugin and a
software-output-plugin for mpeg-decoding.

But as zvbi (a videotext-library) has also dvb-support it is possible that
some software using zvbi also supports dvb but I have not seen any.

Matthias

--
Matthias Schwarzott
Gentoo Developer