[MPlayer-dvb] Hardware encoding

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at tiscali.it
Wed Mar 23 23:39:16 CET 2005

Vladimir M wrote:

>>>1. The same result. says that playing. no window opened:
>>>

>>>$ sudo mplayer  -ao mpegpes -vo mpegpes dvb://'GAME NETWORK' -menu -menu-startup  -vf dvbscale
>>>Opening video filter: [dvbscale]
>>>

>>what if you use -vf dvbscale=720:576 ?
>>is it the same if you play mpeg files rather than dvb steams?>
>>

>VDec: vo config request - 352 x 576 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
>VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
>Movie-Aspect is 1.33:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
>VO: [mpegpes] 352x576 => 352x540 Mpeg PES

uhm this resolution is really _not_ supported. how the hell does mplayer
calculate it?
try to add -noaspect  and remove -menu* and readd -dvbscale=720:576

frankly I don't understand why it doesn't work, and I don't have a FF
card to test it myself.
If you say that with the same drivers other programs play well with the
card it's obviously a bug with
mplayer. What drivers are you using?