[Mplayer-dvb] Re: Oh dear, v2.6.6 knocked out my avermedia DVB-T card

Boris Buegling boris at icculus.org
Fri May 28 13:15:11 CEST 2004

On 18.05.2004, Gerd Knorr created this extraordinary piece of modern literature:
>> Afraid I can't easily at present. Upgraded the kernel to 2.6.6 and now
>> my DVB card won't work at all. It was working, but would time out with 2.6.5
>>
>> I think it's to do with the changes to the BTTV driver, but I can't
>> really tell.
>
>There was also a dvb driver update.  Try 2.6.6-rc1, I think that one has
>the bttv updates but not yet the dvb update and see what happens...

I had the same problems with all kernels >2.6.6. Just reverting the bttv
changes did fix anything for me, so I'm pretty sure that the DVB driver
update appears to be the problem. I made a DVB downgrade patch for my
systems and will contact the linux-dvb ppl shortly.
--
Boris Buegling <boris at icculus.org>

"Aber was will man auch von einem Land erwarten, das Kriege im Namen der
Freiheit anzettelt, um die eigene Öl- und Waffenindustrie zu schützen."
		-- Lars Weitze