[Mplayer-dvb] Re: Reproducible MPlayer Crash with dvb-t

Johan Schuring johan at vetteblei.nl
Fri May 14 15:46:48 CEST 2004

Hi,

For a desktop application you can use dvbzap (recorder or viewer) when
mplayer works with mplayer dvb://etc...., with Mandrake 10 i've used the
--nodeps variable for the rpm.

You can find it at: http://www.j-pfennig.de/zapdvb/zapdvb.html

Download from: http://www.j-pfennig.de/zapdvb/download.html

Johan

> David Maslen wrote:

>>>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>>this means that mplayer doesn't find a suitable list of transponders.
>>>
>>>What's the content of your ~/.mplayer/ directory?
>>>the order of  channels parsing for dvb-t is:
>>>- if specified with -dvbin file=XXX then ~/.mplayer/XXX (or
>>>/path/to/XXX
>>>if XXX begins with a /)
>>>- else if it exists ~/.mplayer/channels.conf.ter
>>>- else  ~/.mplayer/channels.conf
>>>

>>I have a ~/.mplayer/channels.conf file.
>>I has a list of channels I built using the scan utilily. I also built
>>the tzap list with the scan util, but it is a different format.
>>
>>The ~/.mplayer/channels.conf file works as I'd expect in general. I
>>don't understand why it would fail to load after a buffer overflow.
>>

>>=====
>>--
>>David..
>>

> can you please post:
> 1) a part of ~/.mplayer/channels.conf
> 2) the output of:
>
> mplayer -v dvb://ABC
> when mplayer fails ?
> Thanks,
>
>         Nico

They say when you play a Microsoft CD backward you can hear satanic
messages..... but that's nothing, if you play it forward it will install
Windows