[Mplayer-dvb] vdr -sub

Dave Chapman dave at dchapman.com
Sun Mar 14 23:11:18 CET 2004

tarass at club-internet.fr wrote:
> But MPsub format gives relative position of subtitles,
> that is to says, the ellpsed time between to subtitles to display.
> For example for spumus xml file gives :
[snip]
> And the MPsub file gives :
>
> 21,96 2,88
>       La couleur pourpre
>
> 99,48 2,16
>       Ma soeur, on me l'ôtera pas.
>
> 0,36 1,56
>       Makidada.
>

> Then how to begin the mpsub file in absolute format ?

Just change the first time (21,96) to the very large value that is the
"real" first PTS of your stream.

Test with mplayer first.  If it doesn't work in mplayer, I don't think
it will work in mencoder.

> I try to dvb-mplex the vdr file in an mpg, like in the way to do a DVD,
> because then I can encode the produced mpg file with the -sub option.
> But dvb-mplex gives this kind of error message in the middle of the muxing.
>
> Error in MPEG stream at offset (bits) 550277797 : supposed marker bit
> not found
>
> Why ?

I don't know.

> And How to make a dvd then ?

You could try other tools to remultiplex your recording - e.g. "replex"
from Marcus Metzler (which I think he has written to replace dvb-mplex),
pvaStrumento (under Wine) or the Java "ds.jar" (or it's open source
replacement - I forget the name).

Dave.