[Mplayer-dvb] Noises while using AC3 over DVB

Nico nsabbi at tiscali.it
Mon Feb 9 13:07:38 CET 2004

-hwac3 just copies the audio stream  from the demuxer to the hw-ac3
passthru;
since you may be using 3 different demuxers (PS, TS, AVI) I can't
believe that all of them have the same bug,
so either it's a bug in the hwac3 audio-out  or your speakers have some
problem; are you sure other programs always
play those multichannel audio files correctly?

Can you please try to use -novideo instead of -vo mpegpes?
Recently someone discovered a bug triggered when you used -vo mpegpes
with -ao != mpegpes, but it
manifested itself in a different way; maybe they are unrelated, but
trying doesn't hurt.

Nico