[Mplayer-dvb] Future of mplayer dvb and the mplayer project as a whole ragarding dvd

Sebastian Kemper sebastian.kemper at web.de
Wed Aug 11 17:41:07 CEST 2004

Hello,

I feel very bold today,  so I'll just pop my question :) Bare with me...

VDR has a plugin called dvd-plugin. Well I guess you all know that. For
my peronal taste it's getting worse not better while development goes
on. I think so, because in the beginning it had big problems with menu
navigation. Nowadays menus have improved, but since  some time cpu-usage
went up to 50 to 70% on my Athlon. And I don't get that because I think
  on dvds there's a mpeg2 file and my dvb card can decode that. So why
would the plugin eat so much cpu time?
I use Juris mplayer script and play dvds with it while it uses only 2%
cpu. I think that's how it should be. The downside with mplayer.sh is,
there is no way to access different dvd tracks other than changing the
default track number in your mplayer.sh(.conf).
So, I wonder if there will be dvd navigation support in the totally
mystified mplayer sequel MPlayer2? :)

Can anybody tell?

Yours

Sebastian