[Mplayer-dvb] dvbin working with vdr controling channel changing?

Juha juhis at trinity.is-a-geek.com
Tue Oct 14 18:21:37 CEST 2003

Hi there,

I just saw that there is DVB input support in mplayer nowadays. Thats
just great news, my thanks go to all the developers!

I was wondering that is it possible to use dvb input so, that it leaves
the control of the mpeg stream to vdr (ie. no channels.conf in .mplayer
required), so I could still use vdr's recording functionality. mplayer
would read the overlay from v4l device and output the picture to
television? That way I could have all the functionality of vdr but using
'-vo dfbmga' instead of the tv-out of my dvb-c card for output to tv and
gain the ability watch eg. divx movies without transcoding them to
mpeg1. Would be totally awesome!!

Thank's in advance,

Juha