[Mplayer-dvb] DVB-C and channels.conf

Nico nsabbi at libero.it
Wed Oct 8 14:58:20 CEST 2003

Hi,

Andreas Matthias wrote:

>Nico wrote:
>

>>First:  does dvbstream work for you?
>>

>No it does not:
>
>[andreas dvbstream]# ./dvbstream -quam 64 -f 330000000 -s 6900000 -v 255 -a 256

-qam , not -quam

>dvbstream v0.4pre3 - (C) Dave Chapman 2001
>Released under the GPL.
>Latest version available from http://www.linuxstb.org/
>Using DVB card "VES1820 based DVB-C frontend"
>tuning DVB-C to -712481792, srate=0
>polling....
>Getting frontend event
>FE_STATUS: FE_TIMEDOUT
>Not able to lock to the signal on the given frequency
>

>>it's too short, let it dump for at least 1 minute and play it with xine, too
>>

>I do not stop mplayer. It exists itself.
>
>However, I can play this short file with xine. Maybe it is just
>a timeout problem?

does it play without errors?
Does mplayer play that file?

>Should I try to contact the people from dvbtools? Do you know
>who is the right contact person?

Dave Chapman, but he seems to have abandoned the tools :(
Basicallly my stream module is an integration of dvbstream into mplayer.

The tuning parameters seem to be fine, and  in any  case I set these values:

feparams.frequency=freq;
feparams.inversion=INVERSION_OFF;
feparams.u.qam.symbol_rate = srate;
feparams.u.qam.fec_inner = FEC_AUTO;
feparams.u.qam.modulation = QAM_64;

Do they correspond to the values you are using?
You can try to set
	feparams.inversion=INVERSION_AUTO;
and see if it helps

Please, let me know.