[Mplayer-dvb] DVB-C and channels.conf

Nico nsabbi at libero.it
Wed Oct 8 13:35:15 CEST 2003

First:  does dvbstream work for you?
xine and vdr are not relevant in this case because xine uses libdvb and
vdr? I don't know.
I use the straight driver's api.

Andreas Matthias wrote:

>Nico wrote:
>

>> From the log I see mplayer has tuned and is reading both audio and
>> video from the stream.
>>

>I'm sorry, I just redirected stdout and forgot to redirect stderr
>to the log file. The main differences to the log file with stderr
>are, AFAICS, some lines at the very end of the log, like:

mplayer -v -v dvb://  >& log.txt is the best log

>>Can you run
>>mplayer -dumpstream -dumpfile file.ts dvb://
>>

>When starting mplayer I can hear the audio stream for a split of
>a second.

when you use -dumpstream the stream isn't decoded, so that audio that
you hear has nothing
to do with the content of the dvb . I know some card have a buzzer
onboard; maybe it's that

>[andreas mplayer-cvs]# ./mplayer -dumpstream -dumpfile file.ts dvb://
>MPlayer dev-CVS-031007-03:42-3.3.1 (C) 2000-2003 MPlayer Team
>
>Playing dvb://
>TUNER TYPE SEEMS TO BE DVB-C
>code taken from dvbstream for mplayer v0.4pre1 - (C) Dave Chapman 2001
>Released under the GPL.
>Latest version available from http://www.linuxstb.org/
>dvb_tune Freq: 330000000
>dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 5 failed with errno 11 when reading 708 bytes
>dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 4 failed with errno 11 when reading 708 bytes
>dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 3 failed with errno 11 when reading 708 bytes
>dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 2 failed with errno 11 when reading 708 bytes
>dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 1 failed with errno 11 when reading 708 bytes
>dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 5 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048 bytes
>dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 4 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048 bytes
>dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 3 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048 bytes
>dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 2 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048 bytes
>dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 1 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048 bytes
>dvb_streaming_read, return 0 bytes
>Core dumped ;)
>
>Exiting... (End of file)
>
>Hmm,... does "Core dumped;)" mean, that file.ts is written?

Not necessarily, but all those errors are negative

>There is no real core dump, since mplayer exists with code 0.
>

>>and verify that file.ts is not empty
>>

>[andreas mplayer-cvs]# ll -h file.ts
>-rw-r--r--    1 andreas  user         512K 2003-10-08 12:07 file.ts
>

>>and playable, please?
>>

>Well, mplayer doesn't complain. But I can not hear or see
>anything.

it's too short, let it dump for at least 1 minute and play it with xine, too

>[andreas mplayer-cvs]# ./mplayer file.ts
>
>[...]
>
>Playing file.ts
>TS file format detected.
>PROBING UP TO 2000000, PROG: 0