[Mplayer-dvb] How to pass DVB adapter number to MPlayer?

Olivier Jacques mplayer at olivierjacques.com
Mon Mar 24 22:33:26 CET 2003

Hello all & Arpi,

I have 2 full-featured DVB card. In VDR, one is primary. Unfortunately,
my primary board (where video and audio connections to TV are located)
is not /dev/dvb/adapter0 but /dev/dvb/adapter1.
So I have to patch Mplayer (libvo/vo_mpegpes.c) to have it use adapter1
instead of adapter0 (easy to do anyway :) )

But to enhance Mplayer, I tried to see how to pass the adapter number as
a parameter, but I'm not sure how to do that properly (Mplayer code is
huge :( ).
If someone can do it, VDR's Mplayer plugin could pass it as a parameter
to mplayer.sh and use the primary interface defined in VDR's setup.conf.

Thanks,
Olivier.

printf("Opening /dev/dvb/adapter0/video0+audio0\n");
if((vo_mpegpes_fd = open("/dev/dvb/adapter1/video0",O_RDWR)) < 0){
****** Here
     perror("DVB VIDEO DEVICE: ");
     return -1;
}
if((vo_mpegpes_fd2 = open("/dev/dvb/adapter1/audio0",O_RDWR|O_NONBLOCK))
< 0){ ****** Here
     perror("DVB AUDIO DEVICE: ");
     return -1;
}