[Mplayer-dvb] problems with tv(dvb) input and rc5

Francesco Lotti francesco at ouverture.it
Thu Mar 20 15:12:14 CET 2003

Hi,
I'm testing mplayer rc5 with tv input from my dvb-s hauppauge
nexus-s pci.
Either rc4 and rc5 reports these errors:

$ mplayer -tv on:driver=v4l

Playing TV
Cache fill:  0,00% (0 bytes)    TV detected! ;-)
Selected driver: v4l
 name: Video 4 Linux input
  author: Alex Beregszaszi <alex at naxine.org>
   comment: under development
   Selected device: DVB Board
    Capabilites: capture tuner overlay clipping frameram scales
     Device type: 235
      Supported sizes: 32x32 => 768x576
       Inputs: 1
         0: DVB: tuner audio tv camera  (tuner:1, norm:ntsc)
	 Card reports an unknown audio mode !
	 Trying two channel audio. Use forcechan to override.
	 Card reports an unknown audio mode !
	 Trying two channel audio. Use forcechan to override.
	 Using input 'DVB'
	 ioctl get tuner failed: Invalid argument
	 ioctl get tuner failed: Invalid argument
	 Tuner isn't capable to set norm!
	 Error: cannot set norm!
	 Falling back on trying to parse playlist TV...
	 ============ Sorry, this file format is not
recognized/supported =============
=== If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the
author! ===

As you can see I get norm:ntsc while my dvb tuner reiceives in PAL.
What should I do?
PS: I use last cvs head of the dvb drivers without problems.

ciao,