[Mplayer-dvb] divx performances

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Feb 10 00:54:54 CET 2003

Hi,

> I'm using cvs version of mplayer; top reports a cpu usage of about
> 40-50%, but I think this is much higher in complex scenes.

it sounds ok.

> Any hint? I've also used linux 2.4.20 with the preempt patch.

try to limit bitrate, dvb doesn't like too huigh rates and may slowdown
then. -vop lavc=8000 should be ok, or try to go up, but not more than 16000

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino