[Mplayer-dvb] AC3 passthrough (under Win32, sorry for OT) utilizing ac3filter.sourceforge.net ?

dwe dwe at firemail.de
Fri Dec 19 03:13:05 CET 2003

Hi!

It's a little bit off-topic, I know. But the traffic here ist so low an in mplayer-users so high, that I believe there are more people reading it here, who could convert this idea to software...

Since AC3-Hardware passthrough under windows is not possible with mplayer, but mplayer already supports windows codecs - why not simply take the Win32-AC3 codec from ac3filter.sourceforge.net and use it to pump the bitstream to the SP/DIF-out?

No hardware specific fiddling around, just using one more windows codec...

What do you think about it?