[Mplayer-dvb] Memory leak in mplayer -tv

Olivier JACQUES oliviervdr at free.fr
Fri Dec 12 00:03:23 CET 2003

Hello,

As indicated in my previous post, I'm playing with mplayer tv support with
DVB output.
While doing that, I noticed a big memory leak that leads to errors after
2/3 minutes of watching TV.
"video buffer full - dropping frame"
The memory goes down from 50Mb available (just after I started mplayer)
down to 0 in 2-3 minutes.

Here is the command line I use:
mplayer -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes -afm 9 -tv
driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:input=0:norm=SECAM:channels=22-TF1,28-
Canal:width=352:height=288:fps=25.00:immediatemode=0 -framedrop -input
conf=/root/.tuxtv/switch tv://

Note that replacing mpegpes by null gives the same effect.

Anything I can do to track this down? I tried running valgrind but I
didn't succeed.

Thanks,
Olivier