[Mplayer-dvb] DVB OSD Menu bug hunting

petri.nykanen at suomi24.fi petri.nykanen at suomi24.fi
Sat Aug 23 17:52:23 CEST 2003

>>2) if you select any channel item, the channel changes ok, but
>>
>>     the OSD stays on, the mplayer (full screen at least) loses keyboard
>>focus, meaning that cursor keys do not work in the menu until I select
it
>>again with mouse (also the mouse0 key is my command to bring up the menu).
>>

>maybe I should reset the osd

Considering that some users might actually want to do "channel-hopping" even
in the OSD, a feature worth considering is:

When channel is changed, let the OSD stay on for timeout defined in the menu
file - this way it would be possible to set something like 3 sec OSD show
delay until it fades away.

>>3) Feature, not bug: when changing channel the underlying xterm is flashed/workbench
>>shown before opening the new selected channel.

>I can't confirm this, it doesn't happen to me.

This is odd - what is your screen behaviour in this one?

for me, even with -quiet -really-quiet options when doing channel change
with "h" key it closes mplayer screen, shows underlying screen, writes UNINIT
COMPLETE on the xterm, and start mplayer screen again. in case of DVB OSD
channel selection, it similarly shows the underlying screen, although now
it does not write anything into the xterm.

Maybe this could be issue with the GeForce4 ti4600 display driver - I'll
check my setup.

>I'll fix as soon as possible, but at the moment I'm busy with the demuxer.
>
>            Nico

No prob, though I would help at least by reporting bugs if not more :-)

Petri