[Mplayer-dvb] (1)Getting DVB:// to work. (2) packet error leading to no audio, (3) freevo ?

petri.nykanen at suomi24.fi petri.nykanen at suomi24.fi
Sat Aug 23 14:02:03 CEST 2003

Hi,

I have nova-t budget pci card on a p4 system (w/GeForce4 Ti4600) and I have
installed mplayer (apparently without DVB support), and I have been successfully
in getting channel list set up and

1) in setting the channel with tzap "yle tv2" (Finland),
2) separately started  and I have confirmed capability to see and hear the
DVB-T channels with command;

dvbstream -ps -o 513 660 | mplayer -cache 1024 -vop halfpack -double -

(the dvbstream is v04.pre3, and mplayer is v0.91.3.2.2

Now, the first issue here is that if there is a packet error reported on
the xterm , this leads to losing the audio. Any ideas on how to have a bit
more robustness in this respect?

Also, I have seen references to usage of mplayer dvb:// type url to access
the dvb video feed - I tried to configure the mplayer with the include directories
for DVB/include, and for DVB/ost/include. The latter seems to be empty when
fetching from CVS. Any ideas or comments how to get mplayer (latest version)
+ dvb-kernel build for 2.4 to work together?

Thanks for any pointers!

Petri

Ps. Also, has anybody worked on Freevo - DVB-T/S - Mplayer combination?