[Mplayer-dvb] Getting dvbin to work

David Philippi david at torangan.de
Sat Aug 23 09:48:17 CEST 2003

Am Sam, 2003-08-23 um 08.22 schrieb Nico:
> I found in the archive of this ML an old thread regarding Pro7's AC3: it
> seems it's special because it lacks
> a 4 byte header at the beginning of every PES packet, so your card
> *might* not recognize the stream as  AC3, or maybe it's smart enough.

I can play an AC3 track from a file recorded by vdr and rewritten to
plain MPEG2 with -ac hwac3. Since the audio/video tracks don't get
changed on the conversion it seems that it should work with live video
too. Unfortunately I can't find the required -aid and couldn't find
anything in the archives either.

Bye David