[Mplayer-dvb] Getting dvbin to work

David Philippi david at torangan.de
Thu Aug 21 21:08:40 CEST 2003

Hi

I've just noticed that MPlayer CVS main seems to support reading from my
DVB card. It detected the drivers in /usr/src/DVB for sure, I had to add
an --with-extra-include=/usr/src/DVB/include to prevent some header not
found errors. Since it complained about a missing channels.conf, I used
the one I have from vdr 1.2.1
Trying to play anything results in:

Playing dvb://Pro-7
Unknown protocol 'dvb'
Unable to open URL: dvb://Pro-7
TUNER TYPE SEEMS TO BE DVB-S
code taken from dvbstream for mplayer v0.4pre1 - (C) Dave Chapman 2001
Released under the GPL.
Latest version available from http://www.linuxstb.org/
dvb_tune Freq: 12480000
dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 5 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048
bytes
dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 4 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048
bytes
dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 3 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048
bytes
dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 2 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048
bytes
dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 1 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048
bytes
dvb_streaming_read, return 0 bytes

The guess DVB-S is correct, error stays the same for other channels. Any
idea what's wrong here?

Bye David