[Mplayer-dvb] Mplayer DVB support

Nico nsabbi at libero.it
Sat Apr 26 18:24:59 CEST 2003

Jukka Neppius wrote:
> I had  '/linux/dvb/' in the end of above:(
>
> Now I have in config.h:
> #define HAVE_DVB_HEAD 1
> #define HAS_DVBIN_SUPPORT 1
>
> config.mak still has
> DVB_INC =
> But it is in video output section.  My DVB card does not have video out.
>
> make:
>
> libmpdemux/dvbin.h:82: warning: #warning No DVB-T country defined
>                                 in dvb_defaults.h, defaulting to UK
> In file included from cfg-common.h:324,
>                  from cfg-mencoder.h:5,
>                  from mencoder.c:241:
>
> But I have
> #define FINLAND 1
> in libmpdemux/dvb_defaults.h
>
> mencoder.c does not #include dvb_defaults.h
>
> Perhaps this is not serious.  But same repeats several times...

no, it includes other files that depend on dvb_defaults.h (a bit
annoying, though)

> There is also:
>
> In file included from dvbin.c:57:
> dvb_defaults.h:41: warning: `DVB_T_LOCATION' redefined
> dvbin.h:86: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
>

 > Perhaps dvbin.h should include dvb_defaults.h???

you are right: in dvbin.h you should add at line 5
#include "dvb_defaults.h"

> I started compiled gmplayer. Right mouse button gives menu, but there
> is nothing dvb related.  I might need some config file somewhere.
>
> - Jukka

You have dvb-in module compiled in mplayer, now.

Actually there isn't any menu for the channels (I'm working at it now).

You should compile a list of free-to-air channels with the same format
used by tzap (tzap provides a precompiled list) in

~/.mplayer/channels.conf

then, assuming you have a channel named "MyChannel" in that list  you
can run
mplayer -dvbin on=1:prog=MyChannel

and change to the next and the previous with 'h' and 'k'.

Does it work?

If it still doesn't go, please run
mplayer  -v -v -dvbin on=1:prog=MyChannel >& err

and post the file err, thanks.

Nico