[Mplayer-dvb] bug on DVB subtitling ?

Paul Lacatus paul at campina.iiruc.ro
Wed Oct 30 20:19:05 CET 2002

Arpi wrote:

>i cannot reproduce.
>i watch almost all divxes with text subtitles via DVB card, with no problems
>at all. RTFb, show full mplayer output (with -v switch) etc
>
>i'm only interested in CVS (or pre9), compiled with 2.95.[3|4] or gcc 3.[1|2]
>from sources
>
>upload grab.mpg

     For me it was so easy to reproduce since it happened every time
I've tried ( on three different machines but all with abit motherboard,
different versions, with celeron  processors (300a or 850)).
     I'm getting mad about.  :-)
    Here at home I have only  cvs and pre 9 compiled with 2.96-110 . I
can sent you captures of  -v output . If you want only compiled with 3.2
you'll have to wait until tomorrow since the mandrake 9.0 machine with
gcc 3.2 ( and no DVB) is at job .

    For uploading grab.mpg I think you're joking since it has hundreds
of megs until subtitles appear.

    Tell me if you want this files from here. I am quite sure that in
this case not the compiler is the problem. Are you using subtitles in
microdvd format ? All my divx have subtitles in microdvd format.

Desperately,
Paul