[Mplayer-dvb] Prob. with DVB / divx

ian stuart skrew88 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 23 22:13:30 CEST 2002

Hi all

I have a little problem with A/V...

When i play 1 divx with my DVB, all is fine ... But i have a little
"jump" of the video every seconds when i enable sound ...

I use :

mplayer -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes -vop
lavc,expand=-1:576:-1:-1:1,scale=-1:0,dvbscale -framedrop

with any, scale or expand, with or without -framedrop, -hardframedrop or
other..

If i disable sound, the video run just fine...(without "freeze" or jump)

Video+sound take around 70-80% of my cpu, so its not a problem with my
cpu speed

I have tested with "normal" version and CVS version.

Maybe a know problem with mpegpes audio ? (i don't have sound card on my
linux box)

Thanks.