[Mplayer-dvb] MPEG-PES in error?

Andy Knuts andy.knuts at sygmanet.be
Sun Oct 6 03:53:11 CEST 2002

Hi,

When doing mplayer -v i get errors like:
----
  {PTS_err:1}
  {PTS_err:1}
  {PTS_err:1}
  {PTS_err:1}
  {PTS_err:1}
  {PTS_err:1}  .8 A-V:  2.664 ct:  0.080   23/ 23   0%  7% 11.8% 0 0 0%
  {PTS_err:1}
  {PTS_err:1}
  {PTS_err:1}  .9 A-V:  2.591 ct:  0.084   25/ 25   0%  7% 11.1% 0 0 0%
  {PTS_err:1}
  {PTS_err:1}
  {PTS_err:1}
  {PTS_err:1}
----

Between all those PTS_err:1 errors (and that are A LOT of them) i
sometimes get errors like these to:
----
  {ERROR5,c=2}
  {ERROR5,c=1}
  {ERROR5,c=2}
  {ERROR5,c=2}
  {ERROR5,c=1}
----

I think the problem resides in the mpeg demuxer (demux_mpg.c) because the
generated grab.mpg file looks correct. (except the a/v out-of-sync but
maybe test_av.c is just to crappy to play it in sync anayway?:p) and while
experimenting with the mplayer code the audio changes when commenting out
stuff in the mpeg demuxer while the video stays untouched.
So the problem is somewhere related to the playback of the file, not at
creating it ..

I dunno if this is any help, but let's hope it is...

With kind regards,
Andy Knuts