[Mplayer-dvb] incompatibilities with linux-dvb.2002-11-01

Joern Raffel joern at raffel.de
Tue Nov 5 20:51:47 CET 2002

Hi Michael,

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 06:36:13PM +0100, M. Fiegert wrote:
> Btw: Are there experiment reports or a HOWTO on quality issues when
> transcoding vdr to divx? Expecially including the fact that replay needs
> reencoding?

I just use the plain lavc / mp3lame codec, it works fine for me on a

model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) XP processor 1800+
cpu MHz         : 1533.430

mencoder -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=1 and
mencoder -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=2

I wrote a simple perl script for converting vdr files to divx, you can find
it here: http://www.raffel.de/vdr2divx.pl

...but there are others, probably better scripts ;-)

Regards, Joern