[Mplayer-dvb] incompatibilities with linux-dvb.2002-11-01

Marcus Metzler mocm at metzlerbros.de
Tue Nov 5 18:03:44 CET 2002

M. Fiegert writes:
 > Marcus Metzler wrote:
 >
 > >M. Fiegert writes:
 > > >
 > > > Hi,
 > > >
 > > > anybody tried to compile current cvs mplayer (i used 3.11. sanpshot, but
 > > > looks like files haven`t been changed since then) with linux-dvb.2002-11-01?
 > > > This driver is obligatory for the newest vdr.
 > > >
 > > > First problem was easily solved:
 > > > 	ao_mpegpes.c:19: parse error before "dvb_mixer"
 > > > audioMixer_t is now audio_mixer_t and include/ost is now include/linux/dvb
 > > >
 > > > But the sec.h needed in vo_mpegpes.c:40:21: ost/sec.h seems to be no longer in the driver?!
 > > >
 > > > Anybody working on these?
 > > >
 > > > Michael
 > >

 > >You never needed sec.h in mplayer, only audio.h and video.h.
 > >Just fix the audio_mixer_t and the include path and it works.
 > >

 > >Marcus
 > >

 > Thanks for the quick answer!
 >
 > Hmm, maybe I'm too stupid, but I fixed those, as I said, and it doesn`t
 > work  :-(
 > Could this be another incompatibilitie then, maybe with Suse 8.1?
 >
 > make aborts while compiling vo_mpegpes.c.
 > If I just delete the include of sec.h, I get an error
 >
 > vo_mpegpes.c: In function `preinit':
 > vo_mpegpes.c:97: `false' undeclared (first use in this function)
 >
 > Anybody managed to compile the current mplayer under Suse 8.1?
 >
 > Michael

Right, they removed the defnition of true and false from the headers,
we still keep them there. So you will have to add something like:
#ifndef boolean
#define boolean int
#ifndef true
#define true 1
#endif
#ifndef false
#define false 0
#endif
#endif

in the audio.h or video.h files, or in vo_mpegpes.c

Marcus

| mocm at metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |