[Mplayer-dvb] Mpeg-1 file with NTSC resolution

Steffen Barszus st_barszus at gmx.de
Fri Nov 1 13:20:28 CET 2002

Hi !

I have a very bad burned vcd here. I can't open it with mplayer -vcd 1, so I
guessed, the one who burned it was just to dumb to do it right. However my
guess was right and accessing the file from mounted cd is no problem. On
screen playin works very well, so I tried to play it over DVB:

mplayer /mnt/cdrom/MPEGAV/AVSEQ01.DAT -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes

This results in the fact that the picture is in grayscale, so I think it tries
to play in ntsc. Scaling it with -vop scale=352:288 results in color on TV
but also in choppy playback.

Now I've read a lot of docs, but haven't found the right switch for me.

My question:

Is there a way of forcing PAL output in a nice way ? This dvb-output stuff
will once burn my brain ....

Hope someone can enlighten me

Thanks in Advance

Steffen