[Mplayer-dvb] Patch for dvbscale of mplayer

Martin Hoffmann ma.hoff at t-online.de
Sun May 26 01:38:53 CEST 2002

Am Samstag, 25. Mai 2002 18:26 schrieben Sie:
> hi martin. hi list.
> after doing some tests i ran into several probs here,
> the scaling very often gets resolutions above the viewable ones.
> 9xx something and even higher.
But that is only what mplayer reports !?
Mplayer still scales/expands to 576 !!!?

Or does mplayer refuse to play these "problem" clips ?

> also my duron 733 isn't powerfull enough to do the scaling.
> without the patch and only -vop lavc i have around 55-65% cpu load.
> after the patch i always get 99,9%
Okay, this might be because of the software scaling !
You could try to comment out the lines of my patch dealing with possible_x
and only use the original version d_width=width; (if i remember right)
then NO scaling will be done for x-resolution !
But for my DVBs 2.1 card it sometimes results in black bars at the left and
right - e.g. for 640x576 resolution !

> sad but true.
> maybe someday it'll be better. faster libs or something.
Or a faster CPU ;-)

C'mon fast cpus aren't that expensive nowadays !
I bought a Athlon XP 1800+ and this baby is fast enough for everything!
Even playing divx content through the DVBs card and using the spare CPU time
for mencoder encoding some VDR recordings to divx !!!

Martin