[Mplayer-dvb] Slow performance on still scenes ?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun May 5 17:30:13 CEST 2002

Hi,

> But with -vop lavc the picture quality is much better !
>
> Any idea ?
> I have tried several AVIs and it's all the same - only scenes with no or ver
> low motion and high contrast (black white or Snow and sky and stuff) - also
> it seems to happen with high detailed scenes ...

high detail scenes needs much more bits - so such frames are big.
probbaly they don't fit into DVB card's small buffer (256k?) so you get
buffer underrun -> sound breaks.

find this in ao_mpegpes.c:

static int get_space(){
    float x=(float)(vo_pts-ao_data.pts)/90000.0;
    int y;

and try to add -1..+1 offset to x, for example, try:

    float x=(float)(vo_pts-ao_data.pts)/90000.0 + 0.2;

it needs some experiencing with various values - tell me if you find a good
one.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team