[Mplayer-dvb] Hauppauge Nova

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Mar 16 15:25:01 CET 2002

Hi,

> has anybody experiences with Hauppauge Nova. I accomplished to drive this
> card with linux DVB drivers of Ralph Metzler
> 	http://linuxtv.org/dvb
> using the ts2ps utility. But there was a stream buffering problem in the
> stream:
> 	cat /dev/dvr | ts2ps VPID APID | mplayer -
> didn't worked very nice.

rtfm... there is iotion -cache for this...
... | mplayer -cache 8192 -

> So I wrote a small stream controller which splits this stream into two
> subprocesses:
> 	1. cat /dev/dvr -->
> 		custom write loop into video.cache
> 	2. custom reading loop from video.cache -->
> 		ts2ps APID VPID | mplayer
> 			or
> 		ts2ps APID VPID > recording.file
>
> Ralph Metzler recommended that I should better put this ts2ps process into
> mplayer, but I have no idea of the API. Can anybody give me  the first kick
> into mplayer development, so that I can embed the dvb transport stream
> converter into mplayer ?

it's on my TODO, but with the current demuxer API it's very difficult to
add. wither i have to make a new demuxer, and duplicate some code of
demux_mpg, or make a filter between stream and demux_mpg, but this solution
lacks of filtering api, teh third is to hack internal ts2ps into demux_mpg

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team