[Mplayer-dvb] mplaying dvd NTSC Region 1 on DVB-S

guy roussin guy.roussin at teledetection.fr
Sun Mar 3 09:56:42 CET 2002

Thank you Arp'i.

For ntsc to pal, i think, if the quality is bad, the soft
solution is not very urgent. Perhaps a non real-time solution
give a better quality ?

As you said, i try -vc mpeg12 -vo mpegpes, it works with Mplayer 0.60
correct, but not very fine on my athlon 1.2. I notice, some vertical
and horizontal lines where there is a lot of contrast.
This is not a big problem during a film but for osd, generics, ...
The sound is also a problem, there is a big delay (i don't try switches)
with the video (2 or 3 seconds)
Perhaps the cpu 95% is the problem ...

Notice that i also try MPlayer-20020301 with -vo mpegpes -vc mpeg12
i get a "Sorry, selected video_out device is incompatible with this
codec", same problem with -vo mpegpes -vc odivx/ffdivx ...

Guy