[Mplayer-dvb] mencoder is not able to convert dvb recording from vdr

Dave Chapman dave at dchapman.com
Sat Mar 2 14:46:25 CET 2002

On Saturday 02 March 2002 12:57, Christoph Martin wrote:
> > You can also use ts2ps included in dvbstream.
>
> hmm. ts2ps is not in dvbstream but in the mpegtools directory of the DVB
> drivers. To get the PIDs I used tspids but it segfaults on the sample
> file.

Just to clarify - the application "ts2ps" is in the mpegtools directory of
the driver, but dvbstream incorporates the ts2ps code and uses it to convert
the TS coming from the DVB card into a PS for streaming to mplayer.

In my experience ts2ps has problems with some streams - especially if there
are reception errors - but it seems to work 99% of the time.  PVAstrumento is
good at dealing with DVB recordings with errors and will attempt to fix them.

Dave.