[Mplayer-dvb] mencoder is not able to convert dvb recording from vdr

dromtom at gmx.de dromtom at gmx.de
Sat Mar 2 12:49:40 CET 2002

Hi,

There is a simple solution :
download PVAStrumento (search in google.com). It is a windows app, but it
works perfectly under WINE.
PVAStrumento converts your VDR file (TS transport stream) into a clean MPEG2
PS (program stream). Moreover it also fixes a/v sync and repairs your stream
in case of errors.
I suggest to convert all your VDR recordings to PS because the TS stream
(=VDR file) contains a lot of additional error correction stuff which makes your
file larger. So you can save some hundred MB and have a clean mpeg file.

Then mencoder should have nothing to complain about.

Tom

http://www.gmx.net