[Mplayer-dvb] Compiler Error

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Sep 30 22:14:04 CEST 2001

Hi,

> I tried it without Dshow and it hook there:
good strep, you don't need dshow for dvb at all.

> collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Speicherzugriffsfehler]
> make: *** [mplayer] Fehler 1
nice. the compiler(!) crashes...

> i am using gcc 2.95.3 and GNU ld 2.11. 2.4.9er kernel glibc 2.2.1 (ask me
> what you else need)
they are ok.

> I tried this on a athlon 700, 2.4.5 and 2.2 kernel, 0.50pre1 and some CVS
> versions, patched and original. All the same error.
Very strange. It seems to your compiler is broken somehow :(
It compiles for me, using gcc 2.95.3, ld 2.11, kernel 2.4.7, glibc 2.2.3

> I think there is a generally problem. But 0.17a compiled correct and some
> others programs, too. There are some changes that triggers this error.
Try to play with the optimization flags in config.mak. maybe you find the
right one to remove...
Other tipp: try to upgrade (or better: compile from source) binutils.

> I hope you understand my bad english and could help me.
not so bad :)

> I've tried it with irc and some help channels but their are
> all saying:  "ask somewhere else, but not here. leave us
> alone !". Anyone knows a user-friendly newbee channel?
#mplayer on IrcNet.

> btw.: there are some msg lines missing in help_mp-de.h.
still? it was fixed yesterday night.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu