[Mplayer-dvb] Subtitles & audio

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Sep 23 19:33:38 CEST 2001

Hi,

> i just got home and wanted to give it a shot, i took the ao_pcm.c as a
> base and tried writing ao_dvb.c .. but the first problem i got is this
> already: when i use -vo mpegpes and -ao pcm the video is starting and ever
> y second it's going slower and slower untill it's like not moving .. is
> this a bug in the pcm file writer audio driver or is this a mpegpes video
> output driver problem ? ..

It's a buffering problem. MPlayer timing is based on audio ouput. Normally,
using software codecs the timebase is coming from the soundcard. If you
write output to a file, instead of the DVB card, you'll lose the timer.
I think the only way to avoid this, compare PTS values. It may need
libao/libvo api changes :(((
(as a quick hack, define ao_pts and vo_pts as global, and copy PTS values
before calling ao->play and vo->flip_page)

Maybe a fixed PTS delay should be used, around 0.3-0.5 sec.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu