[Mplayer-dvb] Picture on TV too small

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Sep 23 17:18:01 CEST 2001

Hi,

> I just compiled the Mplayer CVS version to get TV output via my DVB-s
> card. It's working so far, but the picture on TV is quite small. It only
> fills half of the TV screen.
>
> Could someone point out what I've done wrong?

Unfortunatelly the DVB card supports only a few resolutions on PAL TV.
I was told it's a hardware limitation :(

You can try to force lower resolution using -x and -y options of mplayer.
Only possible vertical resolutions are -y 288 and -y 576 for DVB card.

You can force lower resolution than your image - it will be clipped then.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu