[Mplayer-dvb] audio and video out of sync :-(

Clemens Ender ender at sbox.tugraz.at
Mon Oct 29 00:28:27 CET 2001

On Sat, Oct 27, 2001 at 12:32:08PM +0200, Arpi wrote:

> hmm. 2 big differences:
> - i'm using old dvb driver snapshot, not cvs one
> - i'm talking about divx playabck, not mpeg 1/2 (it's simple passthrough)

Oh. You kinda confused me now. Audio playback is currently *always* via
soundcard, no matter what codec is used, right ?
For what you said above I had the impression that audio in MPEG1/2-stream
was sent to the DVB-card for output.

> > Besides I noticed something strange too: Some VCD (The Matrix ;-) ) played
> > only in
> > black & white.
> i think it's ntsc, and your tv is pal. same happens for me with 30fps
> movies, sometimes the picture is scrolling/running, sometimes only b&w

Oh. That's the reason. I can confirm that. My Matrix VCD is 30 fps.

> > Anyway I guess it's best to wait until you got the routines for audio
> > playback via the
> > dvb-card itself ready and running.
> yes

:-)