[Mplayer-dvb] audio and video out of sync :-(

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Oct 27 12:32:08 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > Hmm. I thought it's already fixed (i did some changes for dvb in av sync),
> > but if you're using cvs, then it's still buggy. Btw, did you tried mpegs
> > with different bitrate? As I can't get the actual video time delay of DVB
> > card, i have to estimate it from bitrate. Maybe it's buggy in mpeg header.
>
> Well, I tried both mplayer source from CVS and the 0.50 source. I Always
> copied
> in libavcodec from ffmpeg CVS though, and the dvb-s driver is also from CVS.
> And yes, I tried different VCDs, but maybe not with different bitrate.
> And before I forget: When playing round with -fps settings, I found sync
> gettin better.
> I just choose a value close to the real one. But that's no solution anyway.

hmm. 2 big differences:
- i'm using old dvb driver snapshot, not cvs one
- i'm talking about divx playabck, not mpeg 1/2 (it's simple passthrough)

> Besides I noticed something strange too: Some VCD (The Matrix ;-) ) played
> only in
> black & white.
i think it's ntsc, and your tv is pal. same happens for me with 30fps
movies, sometimes the picture is scrolling/running, sometimes only b&w

> Anyway I guess it's best to wait until you got the routines for audio
> playback via the
> dvb-card itself ready and running.
yes

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team