[Mplayer-dvb] audio and video out of sync :-(

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Oct 26 18:49:18 CEST 2001

Hi,

> First of all I need to say that I was damn amazed by your work when I first
> got MPlayer runnin with my Hauppauge WinDVB-s. Incredible how good
> exspecially those VCDs look on the TV-screen. But anyway, I'm still
> experiencing some problems with audio.
>
> So here is what I did
> I got the lastest CVS-tree from MPlayer,ffmpeg and DVB-s driver. I compiled
> and installed ffmpeg and DVB-s driver. Then I compiled MPlayer following the
> steps described in DOCS/DVB. It compiled fine. So I started it, but soon I
> noticed the video and audio were out of sync. Audio is always say between 1
> and 1.5 secs ahead, although the "console-output" of mplayer says that it's
> perfectly synced:
>
> A:   1.5 V:   1.5 A-V:  0.013 ct: -0.029   28/ 29   0%  0%  2.5% 1 0 0%
>
> This only occurs when I'm runnin mplayer with "-vo mpegpes -vc mpegpes"

Hmm. I thought it's already fixed (i did some changes for dvb in av sync),
but if you're using cvs, then it's still buggy. Btw, did you tried mpegs
with different bitrate? As I can't get the actual video time delay of DVB
card, i have to estimate it from bitrate. Maybe it's buggy in mpeg header.

> When I'm havin mplayer output the movie via SDL or XV audio and video are
> perfectly sync.
>
> I tried to play around with -delay option but without any success.
Yes, It doesn't work because of the blocking "side-effect" of DVB.

> Any idea what's goin on here ?
Give me some time, i'll check.

Btw, I've some unfinished code for -ao mpegpes, to playback audio via the
dvb card. It will be finished soon, but unfortunately I'm very busy nowdays
with my job :(
It should solve the perfect a-v sync problem, at leats it moves the a-v sync
function into the driver/card.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu