[Mplayer-dvb] audio and video out of sync :-(

Clemens Ender ender at sbox.tugraz.at
Fri Oct 26 15:32:38 CEST 2001

Hi folks,

First of all I need to say that I was damn amazed by your work when I first
got MPlayer runnin with my Hauppauge WinDVB-s. Incredible how good
exspecially those VCDs look on the TV-screen. But anyway, I'm still
experiencing some problems with audio.

So here is what I did
I got the lastest CVS-tree from MPlayer,ffmpeg and DVB-s driver. I compiled
and installed ffmpeg and DVB-s driver. Then I compiled MPlayer following the
steps described in DOCS/DVB. It compiled fine. So I started it, but soon I
noticed the video and audio were out of sync. Audio is always say between 1
and 1.5 secs ahead, although the "console-output" of mplayer says that it's
perfectly synced:

A:   1.5 V:   1.5 A-V:  0.013 ct: -0.029   28/ 29   0%  0%  2.5% 1 0 0%

This only occurs when I'm runnin mplayer with "-vo mpegpes -vc mpegpes"

When I'm havin mplayer output the movie via SDL or XV audio and video are
perfectly sync.

I tried to play around with -delay option but without any success.

Any idea what's goin on here ?

Thnx for any help in advance,

  Clemens