[Mplayer-dvb] picture quality of mpeg4 playback

Martin Hoffmann ma.hoff at bigfoot.com
Thu Oct 11 17:38:00 CEST 2001

hi,

i try to play a divx4 encoded video via mplayer on the dvbs card.
However it plays, but has strange artefacts: in areas of high contrast (e.g. a white line on black ground) blocks appear.
I'm almost sure that the video is okay, because playing it in windows doesn't show these artefacts.
I have already played around with the postprocessing (-pp ) - but without any improvement.

Can anyone comment on this, and tell me what am i doing wrong ?

Martin.