[Mplayer-dvb] Compiler Error

Thomas Braun tbraun at uni-paderborn.de
Mon Oct 1 08:41:53 CEST 2001

> I said. Replace binutils with another version, or re-compile it from source.
> If your system is good (no cpu,ram failure), then ld/as/bdf must be broken.

i did so. i replaced binutils with the original from redhat disc,
recompiled my first one compiled the actual one. i have also recompomiled
gcc 2.95.3. I wont change my system that much so i let gcc3 out, until
now. and everytime make clear and configure --without-dshow
--with-extraincdir=/.../ost and make. Same Error.
But now I am step forward. I have left out libavcodec and it worked, but
only without dshow. So i repeated the hole process with ffmpeg, this
produces the broken .a. I found the earler version 0.4.4 with same result.
Which is the earliest version what mplayer need of libavcodec ?`
perhaps i could compile this one. and where could i load it.
when all fails, could you compile i static for me? Or doesn't this
functioning on diffrent systems?

thanx a lot for your effort
thomas