[MPlayer-DOCS] Man page info on "-loop 0" flag for streaming

The Wanderer wanderer at fastmail.fm
Fri Dec 29 15:51:47 EET 2017

On 2012-05-14 at 09:05, Brett wrote:

> On Mon, 14 May 2012 07:11:11 -0400 compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 14 May 2012 15:47:49 +1000, Brett wrote:
>>
>>> Could it be changed to something like:
>>>
>>>-loop <number>
>>>              Loops movie playback <number> times.  0 means forever, and should be used to keep (for example) streaming radio connected.
>>
>> would this work? 'Loops movie playback <number> times. 0 means
>> forever. Use 0 to automatically reconnect to live streaming urls.'
>>
>> -compn
>
> Hi Compn,
>
> Yes that would work. Speaking for myself, if experiencing problems
> with streams dropping out I would search for the word "stream" in
> the man page, so this would be findable.

Five-and-a-half years later, t looks like no such change was ever made.
As I agree that this would be worth documenting (although I can see in
hindsight why this option would have that effect, it would never have
occurred to me to try it for that purpose), I attach a patch to make the
suggested change.