[MPlayer-DOCS] jack options can use regular expressions

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Nov 7 17:59:53 CET 2010

On Sun, Nov 07, 2010 at 03:52:14PM +0100, Mr.Magne wrote:
> After lots of trials and errors, an some of googling I figured out that jack
> audio output options can use regular expressions (eg: -ao
> jack:port=playback_[3-8]).  And i think it is the only way to specify
> several ports.
> So I have a simple request: would it be possible to comment this possibility
> in mplayer man's pages ?

That is not an MPlayer-feature, MPlayer just uses jack_get_ports.
Since I do not know which jack version behaves this might be better
documented in the jack documentation...
But I am of course not opposed to amending the MPlayer documentation,
particularly is someone knows if that feature always existed and
can point to the jack documentation that says what precisely is accepted
there...