[MPlayer-DOCS] [homepage]: r3403 - trunk/src/news.en

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Mar 24 21:41:32 CET 2009

Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

>>> Given that the latest released version is still 180.29, and that
>>> nothing later is listed even in their "beta drivers" section,
>>> this is likely to cause nothing but confusion and frustration
>>> unless a better explanation is provided.
>
> Please test before complaining;-)

Test what?

I checked their Website before posting, and 180.29 was still the latest
released. I admit I didn't recheck their beta-drivers section, but I had
no reason to expect anything to have changed there - and I've rechecked
it now, and there's still nothing more recent than 180.29 visible when I
specify the graphics card which I am in fact using. (I could try lying
and see if one shows up for another graphics card, but stabs in the dark
like that should not be necessary.)

If I can't get the updated drivers, I obviously can't test them.

I could try testing with the most recent SVN and my current drivers, but
since it's already been stated that it won't work, I am assuming that
either someone has in fact tested already or it is known that e.g. some
needed symbols were introduced only in a more recent version.

If this assumption is false, then it seems to me that the announcement
is premature and should not have been made yet.

If the older drivers do in fact work, then they should be the ones listed.

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.