[MPlayer-DOCS] r25973 - trunk/DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Feb 13 11:31:36 CET 2008

Hello,
On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 09:07:19PM -0500, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 08:50:27AM -0500, Compn wrote:

> > >iirc it makes it crash..
> >
> > if i wasnt clear: i am for removing hardframedrop from framedrop cycle.
>
> Me too. Even if it doesn't crash, the ugly broken display of
> hardframedrop is disconcerting and un-user-friendly. hardframedrop
> should be reserved as a nasty "last resort" option for advanced users,
> not part of the standard interface, since it displays drastically
> wrong pictures.

Feel free to change it, I do not care and I see no important reason not
to change it.
Though how 'd' should behave with -hardframedrop on the cmdline is
something to think about.
Also, as said, if they are not in libmpeg2 report those crashes and get
them fixed, they will happen with partial or just broken files as well.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger