[MPlayer-DOCS] update english mplayer man page: removed -lavcopts acodec=mp3

A C Hurst A.Hurst at sheffield.ac.uk
Sat Aug 11 04:27:38 CEST 2007

> >> why is this encouraged one way or the other? just curious...
> >>
> >> only thing i remember is lavcopts acodec=faac is better than -oac
> >> faac for quicktime-compatable files.
> >
> >What about adding to the documentation the other audio codec that
> >libavcodec support (I'm aware of faac and flac)?
>
> i added it to the docs a while back, forgot to add it to the man...
> the codec list might be incorrect and its definitely outdated.

I've been through the libavcodec directory with "grep -l CODEC_TYPE_AUDIO
mplayer-checkout-2007-08-10/libavcodec/* | xargs grep _encoder"

and come up with a whole list of audio codecs libavcodec supports (I've tested them too):

[already listed in man]
mp2
libmp3lame
ac3
adpcm_ima_wav
sonic

[not already in man]
vorbis
libfaac
flac
sonicls
wmav1
wmav2
{adpcm_adx}
adpcm_* (in adpcm.c)
pcm_* (in pcm.c)
g726
libamr_nb
libamr_wb
{libgsm}
{libgsm_ms}
roq_dpcm

those in braces I can't get to work.
How many of these should go into the man/docs?

Andy