[MPlayer-DOCS] [RFC] converting documentation to UTF-8

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Oct 30 16:42:37 CET 2006

Hello,
[...]
On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 12:41:39PM +0100, mail at kraymer.de wrote:
> contributors. Since there are some vim users out there besides me, it
> might be considerable to add vim flags to the files so thatfileencoding settings are automatically set (although it works fine for me
> without them).I have no idea though if it might cause trouble when viewing the docs for

I'm not against adding vim flags, but it might be more helpful to
document a bit how to configure vim right for utf8-editing, I think
support for vim-flags is quite often deactivated by default because of
vulnerabilities in the past (and it is the kind of feature that always
gives me an uncomfortable feeling)...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger